What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Past by Gabrielle Wind

The Past by Gabrielle Wind

I walk up to the door and turn the handle and walk in and begin to room and I begin to pick up a faint cry. I ran around and find a small child laying on the floor bleeding. I quickly kneel down to him and take a look into my fist aid pouch and sigh seeing the was nothing to help stop the bleeding I look around the office sneaking into the cubical. I manage to spot a dead body on the floor. It was a man, he look like he caught the broad end of an explosion. I looked on his person and took the remaining shirt and the tie and headed back to the boy. I stop hearing something towards me but couldn’t see it then the moment I turned around I felt something grab a hold of me and then all I heard was a loud laughter follow by an explosion. At that moment everything that lead up to this moment flashed in front of my eyes.

It all started while looking for new powers. I was on anther planet when I notice someone was attacking some one. I rushed over grabbing my sword and manage to get there in time to block the blow that might have killed them. I look down to the woman cowering something but I look up and notice it was a dark elf that attacked her.

“Why did you attack third woman she didn’t do anything to you. She was even armed!” I said getting frustrate. I begin to grimy sword tightly, and let out a low growl. “Just back away from her I will take a chance of you coming my home grounds, and you do I will kill you there.”

“Well first off she is cursed. Second you don’t tell me what to do I will do what I please and I will kill her for that mandolin.” The dark elf said.

I growled and swung my sword. It grazed the dark elf right eye leaving a good cut but not blinding her.

“You got off lucky now leave or the next strike is going to kill you. Now leave us alone.” I yelled at the dark elf.

“This wont be the last time you see me.” The dark elf said and then disappeared into the darkness of an ally.

I went back to the woman she was badly injured. I gently rolled her over and I hear a whimper come from her.

“Please take this mandolin from me and protect it. Though it is curse once you touch it and I die you have to protect it. You life depends on it lose that mandolin,” she said.
I heard her cough and notice she coughing up blood and my face turns to concerned for her health. I grab the mandolin and felt a burning feeling. Then I set it aside and grab a hold of her and cradle her in my arms.

“But to break the curse you must,” she said stopping in mid sentence.

At that point I was worried for her and I put my hand on her neck to try to feel out a pulse but could not find one and realized that she had died in my arms. So I walk back to the hotel and went to my room. Sitting in my room where I played the mandolin. It was tune perfectly and I begin to play it till I decided to head home. I just sat there and begin to play, it was a sad song but it was a perfect sounding song. I got up and headed out the door. I couldn't help but think about what she said. I didn't know what she meant by to break the curse I had to break something but that something I didn't know what. I finally decided to pack up the mandolin in a case I manage to find on the way back to the hotel. I left the room and went down to the main lobby where I checked out of the room. After I check out of the room I head out of the building to go get a taxi. I started to notice the feeling of someone watching me from somewhere but I just shrugged it off and continued my way. Though I was paying attention where I was going I was bumped hard. I fell to the ground hard and slightly stunned.

" Watch out where you are going you puny little creature." Said the creature.

I turned to look at who said that and I notice that it was a reptile type creature that ran me over

No comments:

Post a Comment