What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Fight - by Gabrielle Wind

" Watch out where you are going you puny little creature." Said the creature.

I turned to look at who said that and I notice that it was a reptile type creature that ran me over.



“Well, I sorry that you are blind as a bat.”  I said  looking over the creature. I notice the creature was huge, Almost as if he was a dragon.  I turned my back and then look over towards the creature.

“You are just as puny as I am.” I said with a smirk growing on my face.  I heard a roar come from him and then I felt suddenly a sharp cold object stabbing into my body.

Lets just hold on a moment let me explain something you might need to know. Back when I discover how to manage the rift into the past I stumble upon the Ancient Greece the time where the Greek god lived. I was digging around look for a vase but happen to come upon something that look edible. So like anything I take a small little bite and next thing I got possessed by the goddess of chaos.  Her name was Val I not sure of her full name but it was now I was a Demi god sometimes. So let get back to the flash back.

The reptile creature stood over me and then roll my body over and took a close look at my body. I open eyes quickly and swung at the reptile throat connecting. I manage to stun the creature I grab him and look him straight into his eyes.

“You pick on the wrong person and even that you stabbed the wrong person.” I said grunting some as I take out the dagger that was stuck in my stomach. I looked at it and gave a smirk towards him.

“You better run.” I said giving an evil grin.  I saw him took off down the path and I threw the dagger as hard as I could. It hit it mark right into his back. I walked over to him and step on to the dagger pushing in deeper. He growl and scream in pain right before I took  the dagger out of his back and slit his throat. I got up with a sigh.

“Now that for trying to kill me.” I said walking over to the cab and get in. We headed to the air port. I sat there looking out the window and sigh. When we got to the air port. I got out the car and paid the cab driver. I went up to the counter and show them my military badge and she gave me the ticket and I headed to the shuttle. I look over my shoulder and notice the dark elf that I had a run in with. I glare at the dark elf and I notice it was a female. I shook my head and went through the security and head to the shuttle. Once I got I looked out side the air port window and notice the moon was big and orange. I swallow hard but i got the answer to what I was seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment