What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"The Dance of Death" PART 4 by Llola Lane

"The Dance of Death" PART 4 by Llola Lane

Deaths' hand is white
It gently touches me
Death IS an angel
I am not afraid
Death holds me close

I dance with death again
the corpses dance with us too
now they are angels
they glow bright and light the way

Death has wings
we dance high into the sky
closer to the light
it is almost blinding

I look down
my red corset is now white
a long flowing skirt covers my legs
all the corpses are in white
they sing a tune as we dance higher

This MUST be heaven
it is so beautiful
I hear the music of harps
the clouds are endless

The light envelops me
I feel I am almost there
but WHERE is there???
Death slows its' climb
It knows we are close

I see shadows ahead in the distance
Loved ones long gone have come to greet me
They are dancing too
Familiar faces but I don't remember names

I am happy to be with death
with loved ones around me now, I feel safe
Faces smiling and glowing
I start to remember...

Grandma??? Grandpa???
They look so young and happy as they dance
I HAVE missed them
Seeing their faces...
I know I am HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment