What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"The Past" by Gabrielle Wind for May 2014

"The Past" by Gabrielle Wind for May 2014

“Nope I just going to help you out from now on since I seen the power you have with in, but it seems you are still having a hard time controlling them.” She said looking at me.
“Yeah I seem to only have good control of the fire and earth powers but I not sure what the water wind and ice powers do, but it feels like there one more but i can't place it.” I said shrugging some.
“They come out, and when they do you can call on me to help,” said Jaylyn with a smile.
“Sure will Jaylyn,” I said winking at her, and then we parted ways parted ways. 

A month later, I found myself sitting at a bar drinking on some rum think what happen.

“Why did he stop that bullet for me,” I thought to myself as I look down at the counter tracing a dark spot on the wood. 

I stood up, quickly drank down the last of the rum, and I left the bar. When I got outside you would have thought being July it be hot and sunny outside, but this time there was ten feet of snow on the ground. I shrugged it off not knowing that it was my powers causing the snow.

When I got home I was greeted by Luna though I just walk by her, but she already knew why I was upset.

“Mom if you need to talk I am here, but please cheer up for me,” she said with a smile.

I look back her and sigh some. “It hard when you see someone die in your arms who you really care for,” I said softly yet sternly.

I walked down towards my room, but I decided to go to the armory room instead. When I got to the room I looked around I notice that there was one bullet missing out of the ammo rack.  
 
“I wonder who took a armor piercing bullet,” I thought to myself, but shrug it off thinking I just grab one to many and left the room.

“Hey Luna, have you seen anyone go into the armory room?” I said slightly puzzled.

“Umm just Jake, but he didn't seem to have anything when he came out mom,” she said kind of puzzled her self. 

As I was look around the room I took a deep sigh. 

“Hey Jake! Where are you?” I said over the telecom, but there was no answer just static.  I let out a deep sigh as I look out side at the snow. “Now that odd it snowed and it the middle of June,” I thought to myself shrugging it off and grunted as i walked to my room.

“Mom are you ok?” Luna asked sounding worried.

“Kind of, but I don’t think Corry was killed by accident. I believe he saved my life,” I said entering my room. I looked on the table and grabbed the bullet  that I found in Corry dead body. “It one of my bullets but it looks modify though,” I said with a small sigh. “I going for another drink.”

A few moments later I found my self back at the bar but this time I wasn't drinking 

“So, do you think he will come to that bar?” Luna asked. I heard the worry some  sound that came out of her. 

“No doubt he hiding for a reason I going to find out why,” I said stopping mid sentence as I look up and lock eyes with Jake. I chased him out the door and eventually caught him and pin to the snow which was melting from under him. 

“Give one reason why I don't burn you alive,” I said. As I felt my anger was beginning to rise i also begin to feel hot. Then all of a sudden felt a prick in my neck and I begin to black out. 

Few moments later I came to. I suddenly thought to my self what kind of dream did I have where I seen a small girl next to a jackalope and a chair floating on water. I just shrug and look over my body and notice that I had cuffs on my wrists and ankles. I let a deep sigh out.

No comments:

Post a Comment