What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Palace Guard - by Gabrielle Wind

“Mother I believe I know who did it to you and all that happen in which we need to get your other half out and reunite you both. You know cause these zombies and skeleton warrior only say one person.” Mel said getting frustrated.

I continue to watch them but then decided to walk out and head back to where every one was
I spotted my armor over on the table where someone was repairing it. I look over the person shoulder and to my amazement it was the same girl who was painting the tree from earlier.
“Hey what you doing!” I said looking around to see how she repairing it.
“Well being that I repair the Queen’s armor so I thought I do the same to yours. The material is not that much different.” She said pointing to the work she did.
I took a look at it and smile. I gather all my armor I smiled and put it on and said a couple of words and watch disappear and become light.
I return to the room where Mel and her mother was standing.
“So do we have a plan.” I said smiling towards them
“Yeah I take you both in saying I caught you two for the bounty and jaylyn your friend can cast the spell and put them back together,” Mel said smiling and gave me a wink.
I gave a smirk and I looked right into her eyes. I notice I slight worry look in them.
“It be better if I went on my own I will just steal her from where she is.” I said crossing my arms smiling.
“How you get passed all those guards and stuff like that?” Mel said with a puzzle look on her face.
“I will worry about that when I come to it, but time is of the essence we must get to your mother before she dies,” I said as was walking out the door
As I was walking to the front door with Mel explaining what happening to her mother. As I approach the door I felt a tug on my arm and I turned around and smiled.
“I want to tell you that I was suppose to meet the captain of the guard in a golden field.” Mel said. “He going to take you where my mom is.”
“You trust him to do just that?” I ask her looking right at her.
“Yes I do, I was suppose to marry him before all this happen. He even told me to stay hidden and he would figure out a way to get to my mom but he said the way up there was protected by traps and all.” Mel said just shrugging her shoulders. “It seems to be a hopeless cause.”
“No it not, I will meet him.” I said, “I will get your mother other half before it to late but, where was you going to meet him.”
“In the golden field to the north of here,” Mel said.
“Okay then I am off,”  I said and with that I ran towards the golden fields
 Once I was there I looked around and saw no one there so I decided to stand there and wait for a moment. Then I got to thinking in case something were to happen I need to prepare myself for a fight. I crotch down and drawn a symbol in the dirt and smiled. A few moment later I saw a small army  coming my way. I stood my ground just sat there and smile. I saw one man approach me
“Stop right there your under arrest!” A Guard said
“And what if I don't? What you want me to do,” I said laying my hand over the symbol I drew in the ground.
“Then we will have to kill you then,” the guard said.
When I look at the man I notice there was one thing missing that most guards wear.
“If you are a guard of this town where the crest of the town,” I said with a smirk. “Your nothing more than some thieves praying on the people fears.”
After that I saw one of them rush me with his sword drawn. I quickly begin to concentrate on the symbol making it glow I pull upwards drawing my own sword out of the ground just in time for me to block it.  I push him back and found my surrounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment