What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"A New Year" by Llola Lane

"A New Year" by Llola Lane

As I look at the candle's flame flickering in the window I realize that all too soon the Christmas decorations will be taken down and a new year will begin.  My mind is transported back through the past year.  A lot has happened in my life and I am grateful for every little adventure and sad for loved ones passed.

2014 started out horribly.  Our cat, Peanut, of 16+ years passed away a few weeks after the clock struck midnight.  It was a long sorrowful month and I miss her terribly, but am grateful she doesn't have to suffer any longer. 

This rest of the year was spent going camping... shopping... living my Second Life... writing and working on my 3D Art.  I created over 350 pieces of art and won contests in various forums.  My writing has slowed down but I try and force myself to get words into my computer.  I enjoy my RL writers group and we have vowed to visit each other more often than once a month in the New Year.  They are such a happy group and they inspire me. 

In the New Year I have a lot planned.  My new year’s resolution list is growing and I am not sure how much I will be able to accomplish.  As with all things time changes and we must change with it.  In the New Year I want to write more and maybe even publish a picture book with my writings and my 3D art.  I have a few pieces of art that are screaming for a story and I must let them out before I bust.  My plan is to also make more podcasts of my stories and create some YouTube videos of my artwork.

I plan on visiting some friends in England... and maybe even Toronto.  I know hubby and I will make another trip to Michigan sometime in the New Year and we will camp as much as the weather will allow us to.  It will be fun to see if I can get all I have planned done by the end of 2015. 

Now to end 2014 with a wish.  I wish for all my family and friends to have a grand new year and, just like me, I wish for you all a new beginning.  Start a new adventure... Be a new person... but most of all ENJOY your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment