What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"The Reason" by Gabrielle Wind

"The Reason" by Gabrielle Wind

“Nah it not as bad as it look really.” I said grabbing the stuff out of his hands. I begin to take the cloth and begin to clean my wound as Ken sat there and watch.

“Wait, why is your blood black and not red like ours? are you even human?” He said with at puzzle looked on his face. 

“Yes, I am human, but the reason my blood is black is because I have nanotechnology running through my body. In other words I got small robots running through me repairing my body quicker.” I said smiling towards him. “I more advance than you know. I done tons experiments on myself and others.”

“What do you mean?” He said with a puzzle look on his face.  

“Well first off I have several people with in me. One is a god, one is a vampire, one is well I don't know what it is. Finally there are other five are elemental being.”  I said with a small smirk on my face. “So I believe i can and oh yeah I also got a demon inside me too.”

“Ok then you want to meet the rest of the people?” Ken said leading the way to the rest of the group.

We went down several hallways till we came to the main room. It was lit up by candles. I looked at a girl painting a dark tree but shrugged it off.

“Okay everyone we have two new people that join us,” Ken said looking towards us. “Please sure they are comfortable.”

I sigh and walk back out but not before looking at a girl watercolor painting she was working on.

I got back to the room where my stuff  was but when  I was walking I begin to think how familiar this place was to me so I begin to explore my surroundings. As I did, I came across one of my favorite books. It was Paper Town by John Green.  I decided to take out the book and to my surprise a door open

“Please state code for entry.” The voice coming from the computer. 

I sat there and thought what the code might be. Then it suddenly hit me.    

“Xena Warrior Princess.” I said clearly and loud enough so it can recognize my voice and to my surprise again the door open and a small smile came upon my face. Then I suddenly turn around and found Ken standing behind me.

“I figure you would be able to gain access to this room.  I had a feeling you were my wife but I know that not true, but I feel like you came from another place didn't you”  Ken said walking over to a chamber that had his wife. “This happen three years ago she went to go sit at a tree to meditate some and something happen to her when I got there. I seen two of her then they were arguing over who was the good one and who was the evil one. Then you see can what happen, I froze the good one, and we have the evil one ruling the nation.  It like I'm living a bad nightmare that feels real. I just want things back to normal.”

I watch him lean her face against the glass and watch a tear run down his face.

“Well,” I said place a hand on his shoulder, “that is a hard situation that you are in, but if I can have a look at that tree I believe I can figure how I can revers the spell.”

“Do you think it was a spell that was place on her?” Ken ask looking a bit worry.

“Yeah I believe so I think.  If I correct I think I know someone who can speak the language.” I said with a gentle smile.

I walk over to the chamber and looked at the control panel and begin to smile.  I had think but I finally begin to press a couple buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment