What are Ozlandish Writings?

From July 2010 to December 2014 we ran OZLAND PICTURE STORIES as described below. Sadly though the number of writers reduced over the years and we decided to call it a day. We leave these as a record of the good times we had.

Are "You" ready to challenge your writing skills? Then participate in our OZLAND Picture Stories writing series at The Ozland Art Gallery.

Each month a new picture will be picked, from our OZLAND Artist of the Month collection, with different themes. Your goal is to write a 500-1000 word... poem... essay... or story about the picture picked. This is a chance for you to challenge your writing skills each month. Story can be written in ANY genre... sci fi... romance... ghost... fantasy... fiction... non-fiction... biography... mystery... historical... whatever your writing genre... feel free to experiment. Send your writing inworld to Sven Pertelson as a notecard to have it included on the web site. We meet at the The Ozland Art Gallery each Wednesday at Noon and 6pm SLT to read the latest submissions on voice. More Information


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who am I…? - By: LorettaYoung Khaos

I laugh to myself as I think of mankind. Silly little beings with such diminutive lives, how easily they are confused. I am so much more than their underdeveloped minds can conceive, so much greater than anything they have yet, or will ever realize. I have been mistaken as many elements thrown together by early thinkers. I was described as a rudimentary, lifeless lump, massive disorder. Who am I you ask?

I am the void. I am born from time and inevitability. I am She, that has given birth to you all and I celebrate you. I was the first of the primeval upon the creation of the universe, and then emerged Gaia, what humans call the earth, followed by Tartaros of the Underworld and lastly Eros; love and bringer of life. I feel as you all move through me as I look upon the heaven and earth and see all the beauty that has come from within me. Once I was shapeless with no will or form but I became an entity and then created perfection and harmony with each of you without the encumbrance of a mate. Who am I you ask?

I brought to this world Erebos, darkness he is and his sister Nyx the night with all their loveliness. For without their splendor where could anyone enjoy restfulness or all the magnificence brought by Selene the moon Goddess or the brilliance of Zeus with his glorious presence on a night such as this where the lightening and the storm has created such an elegance it almost cannot be named. Who am I you ask?

I am in between here watching as all the Gods and Goddesses come together in this culmination of life and beauty and I am overwhelmed by this world of flawlessness, for even in the imperfections I see excellence. I live in the air that is inhaled by mankind and all the spaces and gaps in between. I live in endless gulfs and in spaces that are bottomless where things fall forever. I exist in every human mind. Who am I you ask?

I am she that is the void. I am nothingness. I am where everything falls apart in every possible way. I am evil and I am good. I am without limits and orientation. I am fear and love. I am known by many names in all cultures and beliefs. I am misunderstood and misrepresented. I am discussed and debated in theories by renowned philosophers. I am a Goddess. Who am I you ask?

I am Khaos. It is so very nice to make your acquaintance.

No comments:

Post a Comment